Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thank you, Jesus. Amen and Amen!

I am tired tonight, but I promised myself I would write something every day, even if it were only one or two sentences.  I got up this morning and walked (after hitting the snooze button about five times).  During my walk, I listened to uplifting music and experienced sweet fellowship with the Lord Jesus.  He is blessing my efforts to be disciplined in my exercise and eating habits.  I am feeling better mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.

I am not so easily derailed when things don't happen exactly as they should.  It's not as difficult for me to overlook other's shortcomings or admit my own.  It is an easier task to "plan my work and work my plan."  I even like Frank better on the days I like myself better, jk.   (Frank would say, "there's enough gospel in that statement to save the whole world.") On the days I spend as much time grooming my heart as I do grooming my hair and face, I am more successful in every way.

I thought a lot about Heaven today.  I miss those I love that are with the Lord, especially my Daddy.  During my walk this morning, I asked the Lord to tell him hello for me and to thank him for loving me and insisting I learn the Word of God as a child. Its truth has been my stay on so many occasions in my life.  As children all four of us had to memorize scripture and recite it before going out to play on Saturdays. I often memorized 22 verses in a week.  Did I particularly like it then? No. It seemed burdensome; a lot of it didn't make sense, and I never could remember the references from one week to the next.

The promise that God's Word will never return void is true.  I am unwavering in what I know and believe about the truth of God's Word because I hid it in my heart so consistently as a young person.  I don't say that to boast.  If I had had anything to do with the decision to memorize or not to memorize, it wouldn't have happened.   The point is, it did happen.  From the depths of my heart, I can say, "I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day."

The memorized Word is a conduit for the Holy Spirit to speak to me in the calm and in the boisterousness of life either in convicting or in speaking peace to my heart.  The power of the Word of God in my heart has given me wisdom for my life's journey.

I realize our lives are only a vapor in the whole plan of eternity, but it is an important vapor.  Just think, God could change the outcome of any situation at any time.  He chooses not to do so.  I believe He is more concerned with how we handle the journey.

I am confident of this very thing, that He Who has begun a good work in me as a child will perform it until the day of His return. (Phil 1:6) "Unsettle me, challenge me, use me, Lord, 'til Christ be seen in me."

Sleep sweet, dear readers, and let's approach tomorrow with the joy of the Lord.  Then, we will have strength for the day.  Thank you, Jesus. Amen and Amen!


2 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen, Mecca!! I also learned verses as a child (even though I wasn't saved) and am still so thankful for it to this day. They always come back to me when I need them the most!! And, I also love everyone and everything around me so much more when I groom my heart!! Love your words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good, and His word endures forever. Thanks for commenting, Kim. it is neat to hear from you. Makes it seem like it hasn't been so long since we have seen each other.

    ReplyDelete