Thursday, July 5, 2012

Your Blesser's Broke'

Good Morning World - I'm thankful that the God of Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps, and He has watched over and protected me all through the night. "When I awoke, He was still with me." Ok, so His mercies are new every morning and so is His faithfulness. I'm starting out with an "attitude of gratitude" and I'm getting on my walking shoes for 45 minutes of preparing my heart, mind, and body for the day. Something I read in Proverbs 8 recently just blew me away. God created wisdom before He created anything else so that He could walk hand in hand with wisdom while He created all things. WOW - what a life's lesson. If the beginning of wisdom is the knowledge of God, I want to do everything I can today to know Him better. Someone once asked me if I could have anything delivered fresh to my doorstep each morning, what would it be. My flesh said, "a big ole' diet coke on crushed ice." My spirit said, "a fresh anointing of wisdom so that every choice I made that day would be God honoring." Here's the thing, I will prepare my mind and body with my walk to be receptive to that "still small voice." When I get back, I will sit down with a big ole' glass of tea on crushed ice (getting off of diet coke - wisdom lesson lately - it's bad 'fer ya) - and the Word of God and the flesh and the spirit will rejoice in the knowledge of the Holy One." Remember friends, we have the same power available to us that raised Jesus from the dead. Now, if that doesn't bless you, "your blesser's broke" - my pastor as a youth once said. Approaching the day with joy - I remain, Mecca.

No comments:

Post a Comment