Friday, August 17, 2012

"I Just Wanted to be Sure of You."

Good Evening sweet friends.  I hope you have had a great day.  Mine started out with a call regarding a situation for which I am responsible, but one I cannot fix.  Talk about frustrating.  The flesh (...is the same doesn't matter whose bones it's on...said Del Fehsenfeld, Jr.) immediately started giving orders, stating opinion, making quick decisions - in fact - it went on for about 30 minutes on the phone while I was on my way to work. I'm talking like I didn't have anything to do with it, aren't I?  Well, the big "I" had everything to do with my response.  "I" was going to prove "I" was right and "I" could fix it - come H--- or high water.  

Now, I do apologize for that kind of talk (especially after the dissertation on the tongue in yesterday's musing). The person on the receiving end of that conversation kept saying, "I agree with you, I agree with you.") She was just as frustrated.  I was so agitated by the time I turned onto the street where I work that I was dreading the day. 

I was on my way to an 'important' meeting, and I needed to regroup.  

First, I was going to get something sweet to eat and a diet coke to wash it down. (My enemy surely knows where my pits and bruises are.  He knows yours, too.  Be careful!)

I exhaled a bit; my breathing returned to normal, and I calmed down long enough to hear that "still, small voice whisper, "Mec, you're toiling.  Stop toiling.  I am not surprised by anything that will happen in your world today.  I've got this." (He calls me by name. He knows the shortened version "Mec"is especially endearing to me.) I immediately thought of the verses referring to lilies in the field.  "See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not toil or spin....what little faith you have." Matt. 6, part of 28, 30.

I immediately asked my Heavenly Daddy to forgive me, and I yielded control back to His safe keeping.   I thanked Him for His loving attentiveness and long suffering towards me.  He met me where I was.  What a powerful thought that the God of the Universe meets me where I am, calls me by name, and speaks to me in a way that tells me His love is unconditional, His patience is enduring, and His protection over me is unfailing.

There was a peace and calm that covered my soul before I even reached the office, and as I drove up and parked, I thought of the chorus to a precious old hymn that I love, "Now I belong to Jesus, Jesus belongs to me.  Not for the years of time alone but for eternity."

I walked toward the meeting room of the corporate campus of a large Early Childhood Education Company, and a smile lit up my face as I remembered A.A. Milne's words in "Winnie-the-Pooh.


Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered."Yes, Piglet?""Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you.”  

As I sidled up to my sweet Jesus, my heart skipped a beat as I whispered, "Lord Jesus."  "Yes, Mec?" "Nothing," I said, taking His hand.  "I just wanted to be sure of you."  And I was.  Are you sure of Him and His presence in your life?  

That's how I continue to approach each day with the joy that comes from walking in step with the One Who created me, knows me by name and meets me where I am.  Oh, how I love Jesus.  Love to you all. Mec.







1 comment:

  1. Awesome, as usual!! He's definitely got this, even when we think we do!! Very sweet musings today!!

    ReplyDelete